Health Stats: March 11, 2020

I haven't been keeping great records on my own, however in looking at my secure medical informtion online, it is nice to see that I've lost 10 pounds since my first meeting with my surgeon back in September. That's almost 7 months ago, so 10 pounds over 7 months isn't a lot, but I also haven't been putting forth a concerted effort, either... and that time span includes many holidays! If I work a bit more consistently, I'm sure I can do more. I would love to be under 300 on the date of my surgery... which is actually possible!

Measured on 3/9/2020
Weight: 305 lb 
BMI: 48.49

Measured on 12/23/2019
Weight: 310 lb, 3.2 oz
BMI: 48.58
Blood Pressure: 132/85
Temperature: 98.9
Pulse: 92 
Decision visit with bariatric surgeon.

Measured on 11/20/2019
Weight: 313 lb, 3.2 oz
BMI: 49.05
Blood Pressure: 134/86
Pulse: 98 

Measured on 9/17/2019
Weight: 315
BMI: 49.34
Blood Pressure: 129/84
Pulse: 105
First visit with bariatric surgeon. 

Numbers before my bariatric journey:

Measured on 6/8/2018
Weight: 300
BMI: 46.99

Measured on 4/14/2017
Weight: 298
BMI: 46.67
Blood Pressure: 127/78
Pulse: 70

Measured on 7/14/2011
Weight: 261 lb, 12.8 oz
BMI: 42.26
Blood Pressure: 127/74
Pulse: 110
I was 4 months pregnant!
____________________________________


Now that I can view my healthcare statistics online, I can go back in time and see past results and compare them with how I'm doing now. 9 years ago I was hoping to get pregnant and went to see an endocrinologist because of my PCOS. I ended up getting pregnant shortly after so I didn't continue to see her... but it is interesting to see that even though I was almost 80 pounds lighter than I am now, my health statistics are not that different. Even then, in 2011, I had high triglycerides and blood sugar... hallmarks of PCOS. I think the only reason it's not worse right now is because I've been making modest improvements and taking N-Acetyl Cysteine. And honestly, I give a lot of credit to the N-Acetyl Cysteine. 

Hemoglobin A1C
January 2011: 5.5% (Normal, but barely)
December 2019: 6.6% (High)
Standard Range: 4.3-5.7% 

Cholesterol: HDL
January 2011: 71 (High)
December 2019: 48 (Normal)
Normal: 40-60mg/L

Cholesterol: LDL
January 2011: 110 (Near or above optimal)
December 2019: 112 (Near or above optimal)
Optimal: <100mg/dL

Cholesterol: Total
January 2011: 219
December 2019: 198

Triglycerides
January 2011: 189 (High)
December 2019: 188 (High)
Normal: <=150 mg/dL


Comments